Thursday, February 14, 2013

Food Rant! Lean Cuisine Salad Additions

First, Happy Valentine's Day! 

I love Valentine's Day. Anything that involves pink and red and hearts and kisses is a great day in my book. Notice I left out chocolate from that statement. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I ate pizza yesterday and went over my points and I am paying for it today.

Which prompts the point of this blog. Today I made sure to pack a nice healthy lunch and healthy snacks. I figured it was the perfect day to try out the new low point Lean Cuisine Salad Creation in Bistro Chicken I picked up at the store this week.


My review?- HUGE LETDOWN. I was not happy at all with it. First, I'm not a huge fan of the warm veggies on my cold salad. Second, the 'onion straws' were few and far between. Third, there wasn't much chicken and it was bland. Fourth, I hated the dressing. It was some vinaigrette with bacon in it and just not to my liking. Besides all these things its 6 points! I much prefer my salad trick I blogged about back in May (see it  HERE!). 

Then again, maybe I'll just still cranky about not getting to eat chocolate today and on another day this salad would be under the title "Food Rave!".

Hope everyone enjoys their V-day and has a lovely lunch, dinner, or Valentine's Day treat planned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment