Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Roasted Basil-Mint Red Potatoes

By now you should realize that I love love love roasted red potatoes. One of my favorite Weight Watchers Recipes is their Dijon Roasted Red Potatoes. This week, I was looking for something to do with a bunch of basil that I had leftover and went searching for a recipes on Weight Watchers online. I found this recipe for Warm New Potato Salad with Basil-Mint.

The only thing is that this was for Potato Salad and I'm not really a big fan of potato salad. I think it's because I don't really like boiled potatoes, unless I'm going to mash them into the creamy wonderful mixture that is mashed potatoes. :) Anyway, so I decided I was going to do the recipe but instead of boiling the potatoes, I would toss them in the basil-mint pesto and roast them in the oven.

I put them in for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees and stirred halfway. They came out really good!

The only thing is that they had quite a kick to them from the pepper and the mint. In the future, I would use only a 1/2 cup of mint and a full cup of basil and probably not add pepper in the mixture, but instead add it at the end. 3 points plus for 3/4 of a cup. Not too shabby if you ask me. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment