Friday, May 11, 2012

I Love America's Dairyland

I have been super busy since about Thursday of last week, with no end in sight. Everything though has been a lot of fun. So I am just finally getting to writing about my trip to Wisconsin to meet baby Gabriella!

Last Friday my sister Colleen and I took off from sunny and warm Baltimore and headed to America's (rainy and cold) Dairyland....Wisconsin.

After a few glasses of wine I was able to comfortably board the plane without fear of dying.

We made it safely to WI in a little under 2 hours and headed straight to see baby Ella. I scooped her right up. She is so tiny and cuddly.

Friday evening we pretty much relaxed and hung out with my sister Carolyn and baby Ella. We introduced my brother-in-law to Scramble with Friends on his iPad and the night was spent playing a lot of Scramble games. 

On Saturday we ventured out with Ella to show me the sites. We went to lunch a place called The Brat Stop. I got my first taste of fried cheese curds! SOOO fantastically yummy (and non weight watchers friendly, but I had to try the local specialty!). Then they took me to the Cheese Castle. Apparently cheese castles are pretty popular in WI. I had no idea, but it was pretty cool! 


After dinner on Saturday (my sister Carolyn made us yummy ham and sweet potatoes and green beans... definitely weight watchers friendly, I was very happy), the girls went out for some Cinco de Mayo fun! We hit up down town Racine, WI and boy did we live it up! I remember most of the evening, but I hear I may have fallen asleep in the car on the ride home. Guess we had fun huh? 



It was nice to have a night out with just the girls and I was so happy we could take Carolyn out for some Mommy time! 

On Sunday we lounged around and held Ella pretty much all day. I was trying to get every last minute of cuddle time I could in and I know Colleen felt the same. We passed her back and forth all day long. 



Monday came way to quick and before I knew I was back in Maryland missing Carolyn and Ella so very much. I absolutely can't wait til the next visit in August. I know she is going to be so BIG! 

A couple of other quick last minute notes from the trip:
- I got to see the Johnson & Johnson family home! It is right down the street from my sisters house and is HUGE!
- Lake Michigan is WAY bigger than I expected!
- We got to give Ella a bath...it was so fun, even though she wasn't very happy in the beginning. 
- Colleen and I ran on Saturday (had to burn off those cheese curds) and I PR-ed my mile time by almost a minute! 

<3 xoxo <3 

PS: I am making weight watchers Lemon Bars for Mother's Day this weekend. Be sure to check back to see how they turned out and get the recipe next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment