Monday, July 16, 2012

Next Step FIT Graduate

I did it! I ran my very first 5K and graduated from the Next Step FIT Training program.

I had such a blast learning how to be a runner, leaning on the other women when I needed support, and motivating other ladies like they helped me. I finished the Women's Distance Festival 5K in 37:56. I would have liked a faster time, but it was 92 degree out at race time, so I am just going to be proud of myself.

Here I am with my personal coach Lauren pre-race. Without her, I would never have even taken the first step. She is the most fantastic friend, supporter, and cheerleader. I am really lucky she took the time to help me every step of the way.

Here I am pushing to make it across the finish line and Lauren all smiles encouraging me. I heard a lot of "Coooommmeeee onnnnn! You can doooo ittttt!"'s from her right about then. :) 

And post race! Hot but smiling! 

I felt really good that I hit this goal. My Mom came out to watch and was so proud of me and I was so happy for her to be there. All the FIT ladies did so well. 

So whats next?...Getting Inspired to Run for Life (GIRL) Training! It starts in late August and will train us to run an 8K. I am very excited to be back with some of the coaches from FIT and the ladies that helped me complete my 5K goal. 

I'm such a little runner girl now. ;) 

<3 xoxo <3 

PS: Jamaica pics and recap coming to you later this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment