Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Adventures in Pinterest Cooking #2

It's been far too long since I have tried a Pinterest inspired recipe. But this weekend I tried a breakfast recipe I saw for Eat Clean Egg White Muffins. I thought these would be great to make ahead of time and freeze.

Here is the picture from the blog I found the recipe on of what they should look like and you can get the full recipe there.


As always this was an adventure....First, I had to go to my Mom's and steal her muffin tin and an onion (yes typical Emma, I told you I don't cook enough, and I forgot the onion at the grocery story). Second, of course I bought the wrong carton of Egg Whites so I had to half the recipe and only use 6 of the 12 muffin spots. But anyway, I filled each up with baby spinach, onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini. The recipe didn't call for zucchini, but I had some fresh from the farmer's market so I threw it in there. I tossed them with Mrs. Dash seasoning for flavor. 


Then I covered each with the Egg Whites and threw them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. 

While they were baking I admired my new ceramic plate I got in Jamaica to rest utensils on while I am cooking. I just had to share a picture of it because I think it is super cute.

After about 20 to 25 minutes they were done. They slid out of the tin easily (I coated it with cooking spray) and they smelled delicious. 


I ate one right away to try it and really liked it. The only thing I would do is add a little shredded cheese next time for some more flavor and maybe a little of real salt instead of the Mrs. Dash pretend salt. 

I froze the rest and have had one each morning this week for breakfast. I just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pretty good for 2 points and with a little fruit on the side its a great breakfast. 

So another successful Pinterest inspired recipe. Maybe I will try something harder next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment