Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birthday Week Excitement

I was absolutely determined not to celebrate my birthday this year. I had no problem turning 30 last year and celebrated in style with my cousins 'down the ocean hun' in Ocean City. This year, 31? Not so happy.

However, I have the best family and friends in the world who now have me all excited about my upcoming birthday.

First, my friend Sarah organized an awesome brunch for Saturday at Fork and Wrench in Baltimore which I have been dying to go to and try out. Then, last night I stopped by my Mom's and found this stack of presents waiting for me!

Of course beautifully wrapped in my favorite colors. Isn't that purple peacock wrapping paper awesome? After a few minutes of begging and offering to take the trash out, my Mom caved and let me open the little pink box early. 

Isn't it pretty? It is just costume jewelry but I love love love it. It looks like a topaz, which is my birthstone. I need to paint my nails so I can wear it to dinner on Friday with my family in Port Deposit (another birthday celebration I wasn't expecting). 

Finally, today my great friend Amy sent me an email asking me what I am doing for the Raven's game Sunday, why?...because she is taking me to the game for my birthday!!! Wooohooo!!! Could this week get any better?

So, I am officially excited for my 31st birthday on Sunday. If the outpouring of love and friendship I have already felt this week is any indication of what my 31st year will bring, it's going to be a great year. 

PS: Did I mention I am running the Metric Festival 5K on my birthday? One year ago on my birthday I wrote in my journal that I wanted to run a 5K in my next 30 years, well, this will be my 3rd 5K this year! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment