Monday, November 26, 2012

Salmon Mushroom Radiatore the Single Girl Way

First, Happy belated Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for I can't even begin to list it all out. I had a wonderful long weekend with friends and family. The holiday season has started off wonderfully for me.

Second, don't get excited by the first part of the title of this blog. It's not even close to being fancy, difficult, or that exciting. It's the single girls, dinner for one, fake cooking Salmon Mushroom Radiatore. Perhaps that would have been the better title. :)

Often friends who are also on Weight Watchers ask me what I cook for dinner. Seeing that it's only me and some of my friends are also cooking for just one or even just two, its sometimes hard to get an easy dinner that is points affordable. So I figured I'd share what I made tonight.

On Saturday I had a belated birthday lunch with my Aunt, Uncle, Mom, and Grandma at Houlihans. I like Houlihans a lot because they publish their nutrition facts. One of the things I like there is the salmon. However, its a large size salmon steak. So I make sure to only eat half. Tonight I wanted to make something with the other half and went searching in my pantry for something that would go good with the salmon. I came up with a box of Creamy Parmesan & Mushroom Radiatore from Archer Farms (aka Target).

This is really easy to make and super yummy. One thing I did was I used 1% Milk and I used only 3/4 of a stick of butter instead of a full stick. The pasta still comes out at 6 points for 1 cup. I try to tell myself that only getting to eat one cup is teaching me portion control and how to say no to seconds, because it would be super easy to eat the whole box of this. :) 

I put the leftover salmon in a pan with a little olive oil spray and heated it on medium until it was warmed. Then I threw everything together. Voila! Fancy Salmon Mushroom Radiatore in 12 minutes. 

I sprinkled a little tiny bit of parmesean cheese over it, but that was really just to make the picture look fancier and yummier. :) Also, in full disclosure, this is a close up. That is a 3oz peice of salmon and although it looks like its sitting on top of the pasta its actually not. I arranged the pasta around it. One cup of radiatore doesn't go a long way. 

But, it was absolutely delicious. Total of 10 points for dinner. Not too shabby if you ask me. Plus I have leftover pasta I can have at lunch with a salad tomorrow. 

Maybe later this week I'll actually put some serious effort into dinner and try a yummy Pinterest recipe. I'll be sure to share if I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment