Sunday, October 21, 2012

Emma's Parmesan Onion Roasted Potatoes

I love red potatoes. I don't know why I like them so much, but I almost always have baby red potatoes on hand. So yesterday I decided to make some roasted red potatoes.

I am sure you could find a recipe exactly like this online, but since I didn't use one, I am claiming this one as all mine. So here are the details of Emma's Parmesan Onion Roasted Potatoes

First I cut about 6 baby red potatoes into quarters and about a quarter of an onion into this slices. I used a sweet onion because they are my favorite. I tossed the onion and potatoes into a roasting pan and coated them in about 1 tbsp of olive oil. I also sprinkled some Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt over the the potatoes. 

 

Then I put them in the oven at 425 and burnt my hand while doing it. (Cooking is always an adventure with me). 


I stirred the potatoes around 10 minutes and then let roast for another 10. I thinly grated some parmigiano cheese and for the last minute I added that to the top. About 2 tbsp worth probably. I used some really good cheese I got at Wegman's it was nice and strong and really made the potatoes yummy. 

And that's it! After the cheese had melted out it came and into a bowl. I added a little salt because I love salt, but other than the burn these are an easy peezy side dish. 

 

I actually ate them as my lunch, but in theory they really are a side dish. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment