Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally the Scale Makes Me Smile!

Week after week recently I have been running my butt off, eating on plan, and not losing a single lb. Let's just say I was getting pretty frustrated. How could I be working so hard and seeing no results? So, I had to re-think about what my body was doing. 

After talking to a few friends who are athletes and runners I decided maybe I wasn't giving myself enough fuel. With 5K coming up soon I am running about 7 or 8 miles total and doing Cardio Dance at the gym. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when I am not eating any more than 28 points a day, my protein was seriously lacking. 

So last week I made sure to have protein at every meal. That meant giving up a few of the happier Weight Watchers points I usually have (you know, the ones saved for WW ice cream). 

It paid off. 5lbs off the scale this morning. Can you believe it? I can't! I am pretty happy. Just the jump start I needed heading into Jamaica in 14 days. If I can get 5 more off before then, I will be a happy girl. 

I think the best thing for me to remember is that I didn't, and shouldn't ever give up. Even when it is hard and I don't see a change for a few weeks that I have to stick with it. In the end.....

<3 xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment