Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Surprise Dinner on the Grill!

I would love to use the grill more often. The thing is, I'm kind of scared of it, and I think my roommate Brandon likes it that way. He doesn't really let me touch it, and never really gives me clear instructions on how to use it. So last night when he said he was turning on the grill to cook some fish I ran for the refrigerator and tried to find anything I could to throw on there.

I came up with some zucchini and a veggie burger. I prepped the zucchini with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a little bit of olive oil. I added some Mrs. Dash original seasoning and some garlic salt. Since I didn't plan on throwing anything on the grill I used a Boca Veggie Burger instead of making my own (which I plan on doing in the near future).

I have to admit that the balsamic drizzle was an accident. I thought I picked up the olive oil but grabbed the wrong bottle. It ended up being a nice addition. I will probably pretend in the future that this is my secret ingredient that makes my grilled zucchini so good. :)

Brandon prepped his fish for dinner and threw everything on the grill. The rest was up to him, like I said, I'm not totally sure I'm allowed to even touch the grill if I wanted to, but he does a great job!

And viola! Dinner from the grill! 
I chose not to add any cheese to my burger to keep the points down. The Boca Burger is 2 and I counted the zucchini at 2 for the olive oil/balsamic vinegar drizzle. Pretty low in points for dinner. After dinner I was feeling in such a yummy summer mood that I had a Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar for 2 extra points. Super refreshing and the perfect dessert. 


I'm glad I was home and was able to capitalize on the surprise grilling night. Next time I will be more prepared though, I think I better stock up on some grill friendly foods, just in case Brandon gets the urge to grill again sometime soon. ;)

<3 xoxo <3



No comments:

Post a Comment