Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Points Trick

If you are a Weight Watchers girl like I am one of the best skills to have is knowing how many points are in a food off the top of your head (ie. without your app, website, or book). It helps you when you are in a tough situation and don't know what to eat. We all try to stay connected all of the time, but sometimes it's annoying to tug around your diet plan (oh uhm I mean...lifestyle change plan) everywhere you go, so we often just guess at the time and track later.  I know I have guessed wrong a few times and found myself in a pool of guilt when I find out how many points something really was. So I created a trick that worked for me. I label all of my food. Not just with the points but also with the serving size, and fat/carbs/protein/fiber.

Take for example my snack today.
I have known for a long time now the points in this snack. I eat it all the time, but still mark it. I am trying to help retain the information. If every time I eat a cracker I glance at the nutrition information and see that it is 3 points, when I see similar nutrition information somewhere else I can gauge that the points might be around 3. Also, that multi-grain chips that size are 18 to a serving. So when I am at a party somewhere and they have similar crackers I don't have to rudely ask my host to see the nutrition label. I can guess that crackers that size that are multi-grain are probably 18 to a serving for 3 points.

Its not a full proof method, but I find it helps me. I am usually only off by a few points now that I have been doing it for some time.

I know it saves me the guilt when I come home from an outside event or party and actually track what I ate. I find more often than not, I wasn't that far off on my calculations.

Happy Snacking!

<3 xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment