Friday, April 6, 2012

Opening Day and Friday Favorites #1

Since I am new to the blog world , I have been looking around at my favorite blogs (Iowa Girl Eats, The Small Things Blog, Something Simple)  and taking some hints and tips from some of the things that they do that I really enjoy. I sure hope they don't mind, take a peek at their sites, they are pretty great! 

I have found that a lot of my favorite blogs do a weekly roundup of the bloggers current favorite things. So I thought maybe I would do the same.  Welcome to the first of my Friday Favorites! 

First up....the Baltimore Orioles! It's Opening Day here in Baltimore and the baseball excitement is in the air. Every year I get excited for the Orioles and hope they are good (they often let me down, but I keep on cheering). Opening Day is one of my favorite days to see a baseball game. Unfortunately I can't attend the game this year, but that doesn't stop me from sporting some O's pride at work. 

The second thing I am loving right now are Hint Mint's. My Mom gave me some in my stocking this year and the Black Current Petit Mints are perfect for on the go. Plus, they are sugar free (0 Points), and taste delicious. 

I am also rocking my favorite lip gloss today by Mac Cosmetics. I use Perfect Patience Pro Longwear Lipgloss and top it with Instant Gold Lusterglass. The Longwear Lipgloss is pretty sticky, but once you top it with the smooth Lusterglass it feels great. It's a pretty light color, but I love it for spring and summer. I have to give credit here to my friend Sandy who introduced me to this color after she wore it for her wedding...Thanks Sandy!

Finally, my friend Debbie let me borrow one of her favorite OPI Nail Polishes. It is called Route Beer Float. Unfortunately it is going to be discontinued, so luckily she ran out and bought 4 bottles of it. It's an awesome color with just enough shimmer. 
Picture from The Nail Network Blog.

Hope you enjoyed my First Friday Favorites! Happy Opening Day, and Happy Easter!

<3 xoxo <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment