Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday Lunches :)

I find myself making the same thing or a slight variation of the same thing each weekend on Sunday's for lunch, so I thought this week I would share. :)

I usually make a Veggie Burger with Oven Roasted Potato Slices (Weight Watchers friendly!). This week I spiced up the Oven Potatoes by adding some sauteed onions and peppers. So they really turned out more light hash browns.

I use about 3 small Yukon Gold Potatoes and slice them into wedges or slices depending on my mood. This week they turned out to be sort of half moons. I spray them on each side with a little Smart Balance Olive Oil Spray and toss with some Original Mrs. Dash seasoning. Bake for 400 for 7 minutes on each side.

While those were roasting I sauteed some onions and peppers in a skillet with a little salt and pepper and about 2 sprays of the Olive Oil Spray. Also cooking was a Boca Veggie Burger for about 7 to 8 minutes.


I was shocked that this week I seemed to manage to have everything going at once without breaking anything, spilling anything, or dropping something on the floor (5 second rule right?). I was even able to find time and the hands to prep my burger so I would have everything piping hot at the same time. :) 

I used a small hamburger bun and topped it with 2 tsp of low fat mayo and a nice crisp piece of lettuce. I like a little cheese on my burgers so I have found that if you melt just 1 tsp of Velveeta cheese over the top it is just enough to add a little flavor without adding a lot of points. It melts really easy so a little can actually go a long way.

Once the timer on the Oven Potatoes dinged I quickly tossed them with the onions and peppers. The burger finished right about the same time and I added it to my bun. Below is the finished product! 

Yummy right? And guess what, its only about 11 points! The 0 point peppers and onions beef up the Oven Potatoes just enough to make the portion seem really big. The most points here come from the bun (4 points), so if you want to drop it down just remove the bun. 

I think next week I will try spicing up my veggie burger with some cool toppings and removing the bun. I'll let you know how it goes. 

<3 xoxo <3 



2 comments:

  1. I eat a ton of veggie burgers and often I will leave off the bun and just dip them in that spicy rooster sauce (sriracha) or some trader joes wasabi mayo, but I dont know if you do spicy.

    Sometimes I dice up the veggie burger, put it in a big leaf of lettuce, and pour on some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce on it and eat it like one of those PF Chang's lettuce wraps.

    I know you didnt ask for suggestions, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like great suggestions! I think I'll try the PF Chang kinda way. :)

      Delete