Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Adventures in Pinterest Cooking #1

I finally got around to cooking that Healthified Asparagus Linguine last night. Let me start by saying that I am truly glad no one was home to watch me cook. I was a disaster. I seem to have mastered cooking Appetizers, Sides, and Desserts (well mastered in my mind, I'm sure Gordon Ramsey would disagree), but Entrees are a work in progress. I get all frazzled with more than one thing going at a time. But practice makes perfect and I was determined to make this pasta so I got started. 

The recipe is pretty easy. Took about 15 minutes of prep time and about another 15 of cook time. A seasoned chef, or even a normal person, probably could have done it in about 20 total. I won't go through the entire recipe and preparing it, because frankly is so easy I would be setting myself to be made fun of. But here is a pic of my asparagus and mushrooms sauteing in the white wine garlic sauce. (By the way, if you make this, it has 4 cloves of garlic in it....don't plan on kissing anyone until you brush your teeth about 10 times).

The aroma was fantastic and honesty I would consider making just the asparagus and mushrooms as a side dish one night. That way I only have to cook one thing at a time and don't have to worry about the pot of linguine that as the above picture was taken was boiling over. :) 

So here is the finished product! Note- it makes 4 servings, but to me it still seemed like a large amount of pasta. So I cut it down a bit to make sure I stayed at around 9 PointsPlus. I also added about a tablespoon of finely shredded Parmesan cheese. 

I think I did pretty good on my very first Pinterest inspired recipe. I think I might try another one this weekend. But it might be something I bake...since I am much better at that! 

<3 xoxo <3 

2 comments: